Hello friends, it’s been a while. As most of you know my husband and I have been busy adapting to our new season of life stateside. He was finally approved to travel to the US on a ten year green card the first week of April. We made quick plans, packed up, and moved out of our rental home in Haiti. We gave away almost everything out of our little house to family and friends.
Many of you are wondering “What now?” “Does ministry in Haiti stop now that you’re here?” “Are you in the US permanently”. The answer to those questions is “no!”. In fact we have even bigger plans for Haiti than we would have previously been able to dream up. You may have noticed we have added several sponsorship students to our program, our desire is to continue to grow to reach even more students.
In our absence we have placed one of our greatest friends and counselors over ministry along with the men we already have in place. He is more than qualified and we believe called to this new role. It was important for us to not leave our activities without oversight, especially the frequent checking up on sponsorship students. If you haven’t met Dr. Valery over on our partners page you should do so!
Late Summer Trip
As far as we can plan ahead with the dangerous security situation ongoing and worsening we would like to travel down to Haiti in September. During our trip down we plan to:
- Check up on all of our sponsor students, get them enrolled for the 2023-2024 school year as well as adding a few additional children that have come to our attention.
If you would like to read about our students or sponsor a student you can do so here.
- Meet with the church leaders to see how the build is progressing, take a look at the work that has been done since we were last there, and Lord willing purchase more supplies for the work to continue.
You can donate towards this ongoing project here.
- Meet with baby Mike-John’s mother to encourage her and see what the next steps for him will be. Right now we are in need of funds for his continued doctor visits, he has been trying to stand and frustrated that he has not yet progressed enough to do so. This is an urgent need.
Follow this link to donate towards this precious boy’s care. You may also drop a note to encourage his mother and I will ensure your note goes with your gift.
- Take new pictures and videos of all of our activities, students, and their families to start creating more web content to increase our reach and Lord willing our support.
If you have any video creation tips to share we would love to hear them! You can send
those by email at the bottom of this page.
- Start building the roof on our new temporary home. We have the foundation and walls up on a small house on my parents-in-law’s land. We plan to finish the inside over the next few trips so that we’ll have a place to stay while in Haiti. In the future when we build our permanent home on our own land this house will serve as a home to rent out and we’ll use the funds to support Nelson’s parents.
Please join us in praying for all the working pieces of this project!
We have big plans for this September, but we can’t do it without you! We are currently in need of support in all areas of ministry. Our mission donations are at the lowest they have been in several months leaving us wondering if we will be able to continue growing in each of these projects. Yet we know that the Lord is able to provide in abundance for His work. We trust the future of our ministry to Him.
We would love to hear from you! You may send us letters or notes either for us personally, encouragement for baby Mike-John’s mother, a letter for your sponsor student, or a note of welcome for Valery to the below address. Any donations by check may be made out to Espwa Demen.
May God Bless You, Rachel